The Jefferson County Water and Sewer District keeps a list of certified drain layers. These contractors are allowed to make service connections to the county system. Once applied for and accepted, the certified drain layers license lasts for one year, before needing to be renewed. A contractor will not be able to perform work tying residents into the county’s various sewer systems without being a licensed drain layer. In order to become a certified licensed drain layer for the Jefferson County Water and Sewer District, one must:
- Fill out and complete the Drain Layers Application, complete with the contractor’s contact information, years of experience, and references.
- Fill out and complete the Drain Layers Bond Form, and attached necessary sureties and proof of insurance.
- Submit both documents to the Jefferson County Water and Sewer District offices, located at 596 State Route 43, Wintersville, Ohio, 43952 (Mon.-Fri. 8:30am – 4:15pm).
- Pay the $40.00 application fee at the time of submitting the application. The districts accepts cash, check, or card.
- If accepted to be a licensed drain layer, the contractor will be notified, and their year of being a licensed certified drain layer will begin
Both the Drain Layers Application, and Drain Layers Bond Form, can be downloaded as pdf documents from the above links, or the buttons below.